Today we will use our pressure cooker to make a classic bourgignon beef.
Recipe of a beef bourguignon for 4 people:
- 1 kg of lodging, chuck or scoter
- 1 l of unbound veal stock
- 150 g diced bacon
- 150 g escalope mushrooms
- 50 g flour
- about fifteen small glazed onions to brown (Technique here)
- a few slices of bread for the croutons
- chopped parsley, salt and freshly ground pepper
For the marinade:
- 200 g onion (half clove with clove and the other cut in mirepoix
- 100 g carrots
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 bouquet garni
- parsley tails
- four spices
- 0.75 l of red wine
1. The day before put the meat into detailed pieces of about 50 g to marinate in the wine with the aromatics. Finish by covering with a drizzle of oil. Cover the container with a cling film and let cool.
2. The next day, separate the aromatic filling, the meat and the liquid. The aromatic filling and the separated marinade liquid are preserved.
3. While the elements are draining, brown the bacon, prepare the mushrooms and saute them with coloring and quickly turn with the bacon.
4. Do not forget to glaze onions on brown, cut croutons and fry them.
5. Brown the pieces of meat in a casserole in hot oil, without overlaying. Flip the pieces on each side and stay alert. The bottom of the pan should not brown excessively, and you should be able to brown the rest of the meat.
6. When the pieces are browned, remove and cover. Pour in the pan (not defatted) the vegetables of the marinade drained. Lower the intensity of the fire and sweat the vegetables without excessive coloring. The olfactory alert will warn you that vegetables are well sweated.Smell pleasant and enticing.
7. Then put the meat back in the pan. Mix everything together. The combined moisture of the meat and garnish will have naturally taken off the “juices” present in the bottom of the casserole.
8. Sprinkle with flour and coat each piece with gentle mixing. A surface poison is formed. Place the casserole without lid in the oven set at 180 ° C for about 10 minutes. They say “pinch” the juices and “roast” the flour.
9. Then pour the marinade at height. Also add reduced veal stock.
10. Cover with the lid. Cook about 2 to 3 hours, depending on the size of the pieces and the quality of the meat. Slow cooking and small controlled boiling.
11. Fifteen minutes before the end of cooking, stir in the sautéed mushrooms, bacon bits, small glazed onions and brown onions, and add some chopped parsley and croutons of fried breads.
12. Serve with fresh noodles, potatoes …