Lasagna that stands up
29. If your lasagna is usually too liquid, add a beaten egg to your sauce. This way, they always keep a perfect fit.
30. To soften a sauce (tomato, for example), there is nothing like a spoonful of honey or a piece of sugar. Their sweetening power will counterbalance a strong aroma or pronounced acidity.
31. To reduce the bitterness of the endives, they simply need to be cooked twice. Cooking in water reduces their bitter taste.
32. To obtain stuffed tomatoes that do not contain too much water, simply salt the inside of the tomatoes and let them drain for an hour, head down, before cooking them. The salt will effectively absorb excess water.
33. Season your red meat after and not before cooking, at the risk of burning the pepper in the pan. Only salt can be added before and during cooking, as it brings out the juices.
34. Would you like to know if your oil bath is at the right temperature? Dip a corn seed in it; when it bursts, it means that the temperature is right.
35. Sprinkle your pastry with tapioca pie, this manioc starch, so that it stays crisp when baked with juicy fruit.
36. If you have forced a little too much on the vinegar in your salad, place a ball of bread crumb in the bowl and stir so that it absorbs the excess.
37. If you want to harvest the juice from a lemon that is too hard, place it in the microwave for 1 minute, it will soften and be easier to squeeze. It can also be softened by rolling it on a work surface with the palm of the hand.
38. How to catch up on a béarnaise sauce that has spun when the egg has overcooked? Easy. Easy. Put a spoonful of cold water in another saucepan and gently place the mixture. Stir gently. The water will rehydrate the preparation.
39. For a soft gingerbread, bake it in the oven next to a bowl of water. Once the bread is out of the oven, bring gloves and wrap it in plastic wrap so that the water does not evaporate. This process makes it possible to rehydrate a biscuit that is too dry.
40. Have your radishes become too soft? Do not throw them away, rather soak them for a few hours in a large volume of cold water with vinegar. This blend has the ability to give vegetables and raw vegetables a crunchy appearance.
41. To prevent the sausages from shrinking and bursting in the pan, cook them on low heat, covered in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes. They will already be lightly cooked, all you have to do is fry them in a frying pan.
42. Are your lenses always floury and too hard? Add baking soda to the cooking water, it will reduce cooking time and make them more digestible.
43. Tell stop to the meringue too soft on the lemon pies. Use 50 g of icing sugar per beaten egg (150 g of icing sugar will be used for 3 eggs). Before serving, bake your meringue pie 30 minutes over low heat in the oven.
44. To keep cauliflowers or salsifies white, add a tablespoon of flour to the cooking water, it will prevent these vegetables from turning yellow.
Warm and soft pancakes
45. If you want to keep pancakes warm and soft for dinner or a snack, boil water in a saucepan. Cover it with a plate where you can place the pancakes one by one. Make them with a bell; the water vapour will warm them up while moisturizing them.
46. Do you always make too much rice? Simply count 60 grams of raw rice per person, no more.
47. You no longer have any baking powder? No need to run to the grocery store, just use sodium bicarbonate as a natural sourdough.
48. If you want to enjoy an avocado and it is not yet ripe enough, place it in a bag with a banana. Leave them at room temperature overnight. The next day, it will be ready for tasting. If you want to eat it right away, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
49. To melt chocolate in a water bath, the bowl must not be in direct contact with the water; a large container is chosen, placed on a small saucepan. Indeed, it is the water vapour that cooks and not the boiling water.
50. In a frying pan, the oil splashes when it comes into contact with water (this is the case with vegetables that have just been washed). To avoid splashing, add a pinch of salt to the pan before pouring in the oil.
And what are your best tricks?